Is improving technology along side your coworkers your passion? Do you thrive in a fast-changing scaling environment? Then become our new Technical Lead!
Where? In Belgium or remotely from anywhere in Europe.
We’re offering not just a place of work, but a culture:
- Urbantz operates on one of the most growing markets, offering a SaaS solution for retail, logistics, and e-commerce - businesses that tremendously accelerated in 2020.
- We have been growing fast for the last 5 years - recently Deloitte has listed us among the top 3 fastest growing start-ups in Belgium.
- We’re a team of diverse people who make things happen.
- Our culture is built on experimentation, constant development, flexibility, and encouragement of initiatives in an international, English speaking work environment.
- Our mission is to make last-mile logistics more sustainable for retailers and transport operators by improving their operational efficiency. We bring value to the retail and logistics sector by providing a better client service and help them save on deliveries.
Your journey at Urbantz
As a Technical Lead, you will be responsible for partnering with other leaders on the Engineering teams to help craft the best solutions to solve the problems at hand, whether that be through people, process, or technology.
- Support, coach, and lead an effective team of roughly five Software Engineers with architecture, maintenance and scaling the current code base
- Work closely with an Engineering Manager to coordinate the team's objectives, strategies, and execution
- Guide our product and technical evolution, and drive reductions in technical debt
- Evaluate and improve our technology strategy
About Our Stack
- We migrated from AWS ECS to Azure using Kubernetes for container-orchestration. Our main data store is MongoDB hosted on Mongo Atlas, but we also use Elasticsearch for some corner-case full-text search needs. Our backend and API code runs on Node.js, while the front-end web application is written in AngularJS and we are looking into migrating it.
Our toolset also counts with single-command, build & deploy tasks for both production and staging environments, working along with GitLab CI. We use Protractor for the end-to-end testing and Jest for the back-end unit testing.
A proven track record and 1+ years of successfully leading a remote people (a team of 4-8 remote Software Engineers)
- A willingness and passion for mentorship
- Have min 6 years of experience as a Software Developer
- Have excellent communication skills
- Believe in asynchronous communication
- Work applying DevOps principles, practices, and values
- Experience in SaaS Products is an advantage
- Good sense of overall architecture on how to design complex software
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to join a winning team. Great people that work hard but have fun while doing that!
A fast-growing company where you are given a lot of autonomy and trust
Flexible company, nice colleagues to work with, fun company activities (even for our remote people!),...
Entering the promising and ever-growing world of last mile logistic
A competitive salary package
If you desire to work to change the future of cities, then this is your chance: don't hesitate and apply now!