The Bit About Urbantz
At Urbantz, we help the world’s largest retail, grocery, e-commerce and logistics companies love their last mile with a smarter, greener approach to delivery management. Our SaaS platform was built specifically for enterprises to help them cut through the complexity of multi-fleet operations and drive greater sustainability in the final mile at any scale.
More than 100 brands enjoy the clarity and control to cut their CO2 emissions, allocate smartly across carriers, build unique workflows and ensure on-brand delivery experiences for recipients with Urbantz.
Since our inception in 2015, we’ve enjoyed phenomenal growth across Europe, the Middle East and beyond. In 2020, Deloitte ranked us third in its annual Technology Fast 50 list.
We're looking for skilled Software engineer to help us tackle the wonderful challenge that lies in last-mile delivery orchestration & optimization. The product and engineering team is the heart of the company. It's where we turn the challenges our customers are facing into solutions. Product managers will try to understand these challenges as good as possible at which point we, as a team, try to come up with the best possible solution together.
- Help build a modern, highly complex, multi-service application that leads to the delivery of millions of packages per year to clients like you.
- Work closely with our product manager to define the how to the why and what of our product.
- Our main technologies: We use AngularJS on the front-end, and NodeJS for the backend. Our unit-tests use Jest, and our end-to-end tests use Protractor. We store data using MongoDB. Our code is stored in GitLab, and we make use of its CI/CD capabilities to deploy easily to AWS and Azure. Our containerization & orchestration uses Docker + Kubernetes.
- We work with short agile development cycles, with an alternance of 3 weeks on specific tasks and 1 week of cool down period to prepare for the next cycle.
The Must Haves
- A positive mindset and like to find ways to constantly improve in what you do.
- The ability get things done and communicate well while doing it;
- Fluent in English;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience;
- Stay abreast of developments and best practices within the technologies we use.
The Great to Haves
- Affinity with logistic sector. No, ordering things online doesn't count
- Work where you choose: our fancy offices in the center of Brussels, your spare bedroom, a cabin in the woods… you decide.
- Autonomy to define and navigate your own path to success.
- A competitive salary, the right tools and a range of fringe benefits depending on your country location.
- An incredibly diverse international team and a company culture that encourages freedom, creativity and collaboration.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise through training, workshops and conferences.
- Team meetups in Brussels (when it’s safe to do so), an annual offsite somewhere sunny.