The Bit About Urbantz
At Urbantz, we help the world’s largest retail, grocery, e-commerce and logistics companies love their last mile with a smarter, greener approach to delivery management. Our SaaS platform was built specifically for enterprises to help them cut through the complexity of multi-fleet operations and drive greater sustainability in the final mile at any scale.
More than 100 brands enjoy the clarity and control to cut their CO2 emissions, allocate smartly across carriers, build unique workflows and ensure on-brand delivery experiences for recipients with Urbantz.
Since our inception in 2015, we’ve enjoyed phenomenal growth across Europe, the Middle East and beyond. In 2020, Deloitte ranked us third in its annual Technology Fast 50 list.
Orchestrating the delivery of thousands and thousands of packages on a daily base is no small feat. It gets even more interesting if you ship from multiple locations, always going for the fastest and most economic (and ecologic!) option.
- Together with the product manager and your team, you come up with the best solution to the challenges our customers are facing.
- Once agreed upon, you'll of course start implementing the solution.
- You review your colleague's code, merge yours once approved and deploy it.
- We use NodeJS for the backend. Our unit-tests use Jest, and our end-to-end tests use Protractor. We store data using MongoDB. Our code is stored in GitLab, and we make use of its CI/CD capabilities to deploy easily to AWS and Azure. Our containerisation & orchestration uses Docker + Kubernetes.
- We work with short agile development cycles. At the end of the cycle, we team up to focus on technical challenges, get rid of some technical debt or explore new ideas.
The Must Haves
- At least a few years relevant experience, preferably in a product company and in a stack similar to ours
- A positive mindset and like to find ways to constantly improve in what you do.
- You can build a plan to iteratively deliver lager initiatives and organise the work to be done.
- Fluent in English and use to communicate on progress or impediments with colleagues outside the engineering team.
- You value quality of work. You know that any shortcut you take today will be a debt to pay in the future (but you understand sometimes taking them makes sense).
- You consider testing part of the job, not an afterthought.
- You know how to build a scalable, maintainable application.
- You stay abreast of developments and best practices within the technologies we use.
- You're a really nice, helpful person who loves to coach colleagues.
The Great to Haves
- You have affinity with logistic sector. No, ordering things online doesn't count
- Work where you choose: our fancy offices in the center of Brussels, your spare bedroom, a cabin in the woods… you decide.
- Autonomy to define and navigate your own path to success.
- A competitive salary, the right tools and a range of fringe benefits depending on your country location.
- An incredibly diverse international team and a company culture that encourages freedom, creativity and collaboration.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise through training, workshops and conferences.
- Team meetups in Brussels (when it’s safe to do so), an annual offsite somewhere sunny.